Seven Key Facts about Domestic Violence
- About one in 10 American couples engages in intimate partner violence each year.
- Men and women engage in domestic violence at similar rates.
- Partner aggression is often two-way. Mutual abuse can often escalate, resulting in injury.
- Although all segments of society are affected, domestic violence is concentrated in certain groups.
- Many factors contribute to domestic violence.
- America is making steady progress in the national effort to curb intimate partner aggression.
- Many victims of domestic violence face barriers to getting help.
- Handout with complete references