Week Four Alert: Rescind the Predominant Aggressor Policy
SAVE has sent a letter to Maine Criminal Justice Academy Director John B. Rogers calling on him to:
- Rescind Maine’s predominant aggressor curriculum
- Remove the document from the MCJA website
You can see the SAVE letter here: http://www.saveservices.org/wp-content/uploads/JohnRogersLtr4.12.2011.pdf
Stop Abusive and Violent Environments has evaluated the factual claims in the MCJA predominant aggressor curriculum and has concluded that the training document contains numerous deficiencies including:
- Of the 13 “What is Domestic Violence” statements, only one was found to be verifiable and true.
- No scientific evidence is provided to support the seven predominant aggressor criteria.
- The document features 10 vignettes of intimate partner altercations. In not a single case does the curriculum recommend arresting the female.
This document cannot be viewed as a credible law enforcement resource, indeed, it represents an unconscionable example of gender-profiling. SAVE is now calling on persons to contact MCJA Director John Rogers with a message like this:
“Because of the egregious biases found in the MCJA predominant aggressor curriculum, I am requesting that you immediately stop using it for training purposes, and that you remove it from the MCJA website.”
Here’s where you can make your respectful complaint:
And while you’re at it, send a copy of your message to Gov. Paul LePage:
E-mail : email@example.com
Fax : 1-207-287-1034
For more information on this case visit: http://www.saveservices.org/abuse-hysteria-campaign